Dear School Owners:
On Friday, August 9, 2013, NACCAS circulated an email notifying you of an amendment to Article III, Section IV.B of NACCAS’ By-Laws. That email referred to the By-Laws amendment as having been enacted by “emergency action.” That was not correct.
In accordance with Article XV, Section I of NACCAS’ By-Laws, this amendment was previously circulated for comment by accredited schools as Proposal 2013-33 of the 2013 Policy Call for Comment (which opened on May 23, 2013 and closed July 9, 2013). Having received and reviewed public comment on the proposed amendment, the Board of Commissioners has now acted to adopt the amendment in the form circulated in our August 9, 2013 email. In accordance with Article XV, Section II of NACCAS’ By-Laws, the Commission has acted to make this amendment effective immediately.
Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Tony Mirando at email@example.com if you have any questions.
ARTICLE III - BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
SECTION IV - Eligibility: Qualifications and Commissioners
- All candidates for Commissioner representing professional services in fields within NACCAS’ scope as a condition precedent to nomination shall meet the following qualifications:
- Be licensed in a field within NACCAS’ scope;
- Have a total of at least five (5) years of administrative/supervisory experience in a professional service that employs at least one other person licensed in a field within NACCAS’ scope (of which the experience set forth in subparagraph 3 below may be counted as a part);
- Have been active in the day-to-day operation of the professional service operation in an administrative/supervisory capacity for the three (3) years immediately preceding his/her election; and
- Not be an owner in full or in part, nor a member of a partnership or a stockholder in a corporation which is the owner of any school offering programs within NACCAS’ scope, and not be active in the management of any school offering programs within NACCAS’ scope.; and
- AlsoIn addition, at all times at least one of the two Commissioners representing professional services in fields within NACCAS’ scope must either:
- Be sole owner of a professional service operation; or
- With respect to a partnership or privately held corporation which owns a professional service operation, be a person who owns a sufficient interest in the operation to have a direct and abiding interest in its performance and business success. The Nominating Committee shall be vested with the responsibility of determining whether such an interest exists, subject to review by the full Commission; or
- Be an officer of a publicly held corporation which owns a professional service operation.